Tuesday, January 3, 2012

January 3, 2012
HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I didn't abandon the ship, if that is what you were all thinking, in fact, I'm actually enjoying the journey thus far!  Capt. Bob will be so thrilled when he reads this. 

At my last writing, I told you that we were driving to Ohio for Christmas, for the first time,  with my sister, Carol and family. So when we arrived in Panama City, Fla.,  I began immediately packing my outfits, jewelry, purses, shoes, yadda - yadda - yadda. 

The boat was noticeably lighter when we headed out via car.  The morning we were leaving, the Capt. threw some stuff in 1 bag & off we went!  It's a good thing though, cause there wasn't any room in the trunk by the time I packed my stuff.

We returned to  Panama City, just in time for New Years Eve.  Enjoyed a nice quiet dinner, listened to a DJ play music, & were given 1/2 glass of champagne at midnight!  The most excitement we had was when I brought out my lite cubes.  Our waiter was fascinated by them, I gave him 2 so he could impress his girlfriend later that evening!

We did meet a great couple sitting behind us, when she came over to our table and asked about the lite cubes.  We spent the rest of the evening with them and enjoyed our lite cubes together! We were so pleased when we got a call at midnight from our neighbors who were partying at Darlene & Gary Cryer's home.

The couple (Suzanne & Skip) we partied with on New Year's Eve invited us over to their house on Sunday to watch the Saints game & we ended up having them to the boat on Monday for dinner.  We so enjoyed getting acquainted & feel like we have known them for years. We will definitely stay in touch with them from this point on.

Since we have not made any final plans on when we are departing from Panama City, due to weather issues, I thought I would entertain everyone with a couple of family photos from Christmas. First, I thought you might get a kick out of my great niece posing as the 'almost' naked chef!  Isn't she just the cutest thing you ever saw!



Last, but not least, our family portrait!  From left to right: Scott (Dad), Breanna (my baby girl), Angel(Mom), Capt. Bob, Carol (sis/Nana), Admiral, Thom (brother-in-law/Poppie)

 
Okay, that's it for now.  Will let you know when we take off from Panama City,



2 comments:

  1. Welcome back to the warm and sunny South. Hope that you enjoyed vising Winter, but now your saga can continue... We are getting closer to our departure date so that we can chase after you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Guys,
    So glad to hear you are still afloat and had such a fun NY. Bonnie, your writing is so wonderful I really look forward to reading and participating.

    Hugs to you and Capt'n Bob,

    Will and Jim

    ReplyDelete