Monday, December 12, 2011

Here we are, December 12, 2011 (our 41st wedding anniversary) and we are headed to Houma, La at 7am. Things began without a hitch, until we came upon  such dense fog that we could not see the front of our boat!  Needless to say, one of my biggest fears had just occurred!  Well, all I can say, is whatever Capt. Bob paid for our new navigational equipment, I recommend anyone taking extended trips, spend the $ to purchase the portion that guides you right through fog without a single worry!  We passed barges, tugs, went under a bridge, and traveled for several miles totally depending on this geni on the helm station!  I've lovingly named her 'Gini' because this was a 'wish granted, big time'!  I love you Capt. B and will never question your decisions again regarding equipment for the B & B.  We were so 'saavy' that even all of the barges responded when we informed them that we approaching their vessel and that we would be passing them without a problem!  I'm really starting to enjoy talking to barge captains - because they talk to me, when they won't talk to Capt. B!  It's fun!

After 2 bouts with the fog, things cleared and we enjoying the endless sights of Cypress trees and wetlands.  When the fog cleared the sun came out and it was really very sarine and a pleasant trip into Houma, arriving about 4pm.  We are headed to Christiano's Italian Restaurant for dinner to celebrate our anniversary.

Side Note:  One good thing about traveling when the temperature is really cold (to Texans), so far, we are having no problems getting into marinas that are 'first come - first serve'. We are the only crazy people traveling in this kind of weather.  The bad thing, I have no one to dress up for, since we make dinner and go to bed!





1 comment: